It's been a very strange couple of months for tatting for me. I've done lots of things, but they are for gifts, or exchanges, or are still UFOs ...er... I mean WIPs (works-in-progress). It's sad to have no tatting to show!
My niece, Nicole, was diagnosed with Amblyopia a couple of months ago. After a lot of searching, trying, and rejecting, my sister finally found these eye patches for her. She purchased four with patterns, and got this yellow blank one free. Nicole wouldn't wear this one. She liked the pink and purple cheetah pattern, the rainbow, the ladybugs, and the flipflops but this one was too blank. I told her I'd make her an eye for it. I got it finished Sunday and and she's
I've been working on something for a Valentine Exchange at HBT. Third time's the charm! It's my own pattern, but you'd think I'd never seen the thing before. Finally got it right, now I have to work out the perfect presentation (uh-huh -- that means not just stuffing it in an envelope).
I've managed to get caught up on the TIAS! Last night day eight was completely baffling. I gave up and went to bed about ...um... 12:30 a.m. or later, maybe (I fell asleep in the chair).
Today I had my lunch and then pulled out my tatting. Hey! Day 8 made sense and it worked. I've now got this pink and blue proto-rooster...unless Jane is going to pull a fast one and I've actually got a pink and blue alien. Look!
I think I have reached dither point! I have so many things "in-progress" (better than saying UFO) that I'm not getting any of them done. I did finish something for a Valentine Exchange, but discovered I'd done two different sized rings that were supposed to be the same size. *sigh* I've started again. I'm part of the way through Jane's TIAS, but need to catch up! I've got the pattern and thread for my niece's eye to go on her lazy-eye patch, but haven't started. I'm messing with
The 25 Motif Challenge has been calling to me. I've decided to re-enter for another round by completing covers for the two dozen "unbreakable" [read: "plastic"] ornaments I bought on an after-Christmas sale (24 ornaments for $2.50). So far, I have a half completed. I'm going to have to work faster than that! I need to complete one every two weeks, with an extra thrown in there somewhere.
Part of the problem is that I have to find a thread that looks good on "gold"