by, 18-01-2010 at 08:29 PM (511 Views)
The 25 Motif Challenge has been calling to me. I've decided to re-enter for another round by completing covers for the two dozen "unbreakable" [read: "plastic"] ornaments I bought on an after-Christmas sale (24 ornaments for $2.50). So far, I have a half completed. I'm going to have to work faster than that! I need to complete one every two weeks, with an extra thrown in there somewhere.
Part of the problem is that I have to find a thread that looks good on "gold" plastic...er...unbreakable ornaments. I've started with a size 30 Lizbeth dark green and lots of little red beads. I'm not certain I like the dark green. It might look better once it's fastened to the ornament.
That is the other problem: for years I have been fastening ornament covers to satin-thread covered styrofoam ornaments with applique pins. Now, I'm going to have to either sew them on or tat them on. The last is a no-go, as it takes too much figuring.