This is an old traditional recipe from China. Maybe some of you might have tried it at a restuarant. It's very easy to prepare. A different way to cook with tea leaves! Enjoy.
Marbled Tea Eggs
12 eggs (any size)
2 tbsps black tea leaves
2-4 star anise
2 tbsps dark soya sauce
1 tbsp salt
1/4 tbsp sugar
2.2ins/5cm sticks cinnamon
1) Put the eggs in a saucepan with just enough water to cover. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 mins. Drain and allow to cool.
2) Gently crack the shells of the eggs all round but DO NOT SHELL.
3) Place the eggs and all the remaining ingredients in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 1/2 - 3 hrs.
4) Drain and allow to cool at room temperature.
5) Shell before serving or guests can shell their own eggs.
Note: Sometime I cook the eggs over night and leave them in the 'tea sauce'overnight.