Knitting Supplies at Craftsy.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Knooking hat

Default Re: Knooking hat

Was at Walmart Tuesday and the Knooks were sold out...(and police were called to break up a disturbance out front while I was in the checkout line with 1 toy)...happy and safe holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDode View Post
    Was at Walmart Tuesday and the Knooks were sold out...(and police were called to break up a disturbance out front while I was in the checkout line with 1 toy)...happy and safe holidays!
    I hope you have a happy and safe holiday too!!!

Said in my best holiday spirit....."I can't believe some of these idiots and the way they act while out shopping."
    Tammy aka GreenFuzzer

Hello ladies, I am a new member and just finished reading your posts. I too have just learned to use the knook and applaud those of you that make your own knooking hooks. I had found three tutorials that are very good out on the web. I did finish the leisure arts garter stitch scarf and while it seemed loose it came out beautiful. Tension is a big problem with knooking but if you don't give up you will get it. One lady mentioned something about if you don't knit through the back loop you will do alright. I am working on a pattern that calls for knitting in the front and back loop I hope to figure it out as I am on that doesn't like the way leisure arts teaches you how to knook. It is difficult. So I use one of the other two methods. I happened upon this forum by accident and also taught myself how to needle tat so I will find this site very informative. The wal mart where I live always has a good supply of the knook kits. The only thing I don't like about them is that they are too short and the cords aren't long enough and you have to find some other type of cording to suit your needs. I do enjoy knooking and am looking forward to trying new patterns.

Blog Entries

I'm kind of late to this thread (dead computer ) but Ive been lurking on dh's smartphone. Ive been knooking alot lately & really enjoy it. I'm working from the book in the kit. I unfortunately fall into the " cant knit no matter what I try" group.... I'd love to know where to find more patterns though! For some reason it seems like there are plenty of directions & no patterns. Soon I hope I can convert "real" knitting patterns , but right now I'm a learner :)

Blog Entries

I'd love to know where to find more patterns though! For some reason it seems like there are plenty of directions & no patterns. Soon I hope I can convert "real" knitting patterns , but right now I'm a learner :)
    You might try your local library for beginner books on knitting and books that have patterns with just knit and purl stitches(no cables or color changes, though you can do stitches with yarn overs, simple increases and simple decreases). I have really been working with mom on this before the hospital so if you have questions just ask.

I've been thinking of trying cables with knooking: to my way of thinking it will put less stress on the yarn, since the twists won't be held very rigidly. Most knitting patterns would work for knooking: as a beginner project, a sampler scarf might be fun.