Knitting Supplies at Craftsy.com

Thread: Lisbeth Thread Question

Default Lisbeth Thread Question

I like the new Lisbeth a lot. I like the end results: tight stitches hold their shape; colours are rich; nice sheen to the tatting. However, I am noticing that as I get to the last quarter or third of the ball, the thread consistency changes. It seems to become thinner in spots, twists and splits more easily. Anyone else notice these phenomena?
    Fox : )
    Last edited by Fox Tats; 24-09-2009 at 05:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lisbeth Thread Question

I've been frivolous with mine -- used a bit of this then a bit of that. I've not reached the last quarter or third of any ball. I'll keep an eye out for this phenomenon.
    Marty
    NATA #832
    Tat's All She Wrote

I have not noticed this problem either and I have purchased quite a few balls of the Lisbeth thread. I have to say that I haven't made it to the end of very many of them yet.
    I did notice however that the thread gets very wrinkled once you get to the second half. It doesn't seem to affect the outcome though.
    I have noticed with DMC Cebela that once in a while I would find a "fat spot" in the thread - and that is not too good if it shows up in a bad spot.

Delsey

Blog Entries

The first time I saw this I thought it was just a fluke with one ball of thread. However, I have noticed fat spots and tied together ends on several of my balls of size 40 Lizbeth that I have just started using. I found these things rolling one shuttle of thread not at the end of the ball. Seems that the size 40 frays much worse than the size 20 Lizbeth but I thought that was simply the size of the thread making it worse. Nice to hear I am not the only one with issues. Should we send it back?
    If you can't hide it, decorate it. :emoji-E003:

Hi,I haven't tried the new lizbeth-because it doesn't come small enough-but I found the same sort of thing with HH Flora threads.It feels great-but it twists easily and it has lumps and bumps,and you are likely to come to an end before the end-if you know what I mean? Patrice

Quote Originally Posted by mcoperryl@gmail.com View Post
    The first time I saw this I thought it was just a fluke with one ball of thread. However, I have noticed fat spots and tied together ends on several of my balls of size 40 Lizbeth that I have just started using. I found these things rolling one shuttle of thread not at the end of the ball. Seems that the size 40 frays much worse than the size 20 Lizbeth but I thought that was simply the size of the thread making it worse. Nice to hear I am not the only one with issues. Should we send it back?
    I would definitely contact Barbara at Handy hands, They are trying really hard to have lizbeth be a consistent and quality thread. they would want to know about issues like that.
    http://krystledawnetats.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

Thank you. I am going to send them a note. I was starting to think that I was making something out of nothing and I opened a new ball of thread yesterday to find that when I was half way through loading my first shuttle there was a tied knot. I am starting to think it's not the thread but the process of rolling it. Or, it breaks so easily that they have to piece it together. Other than this, the thread is lovely. Nothing compares to the colors or the feel of the thread when I am working with it. Never had these problems with the size 20 thread.
    If you can't hide it, decorate it. :emoji-E003: