Knitting Supplies at Craftsy.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: beginner's 22 hearts bracelet

Default beginner's 22 hearts bracelet

a simplest of simple patterns, but being a beginner i know firsthand that even the easiest thing should be patterned wrote it down for myself, thought i'd share.

20120625109.jpg20120625111.jpg

begin with 2 shuttles wound continously; prepare 38 beads and jewellery clasp

*R 6-6 cl, rev
    C 6-6, rev
    R 6+6 (join with bead to the picot on the first ring), SS

R 6-6 cl, rev
    C 6-6 (bead on a picot(@)), rev
    R 6+6 (join with bead to the picot on the previous ring), SS*

repeat from * to * 5 times (for average length bracelet in size 15 thread - for other lengths/thread sizes adjust accordingly)

R 6-6 cl, rev
    C 6-6, rev
    R 6+6 (join with bead to the picot on the previous ring), SS

C 8, SS
    R 12 cl, SS
    C 8, SS

**R 6-6 cl, rev
    C 6+6 (join with bead to the picot on the opposing chain), rev

R 6-6 cl, rev
    C 6-6 (bead on a picot), rev
    R 6+6 (join with bead to the picot on the previous ring), SS**

repeat from ** to ** 5 times (or more/less, accordingly)

R 6-6 cl, rev
    C 6+6 (join with bead to the picot on the opposing chain), rev

C 8, SS
    R 12 cl, SS
    C 8, SS, cut ends, tie to the very first ring made, hide ends. attach jewellery clasp

(@) - bead on a picot reference: http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/AddBeadsNew.pdf - add just one bead
    R - ring
    cl - close ring
    rev - reverse work
    SS - switch shuttles (do not reverse work)
    - - picot
    + - join to a picot

comments very much anticipated & appreciated looking forward to redoing it in a few weeks so it's neater

edit: an afterthought... i do not post it so as to make any copyright claim, as it would be ridiculous. it is meant as a help for fellow tatting newbies so that they don't have to repeat my (numerous) mistakes.
    Last edited by kocuria; 25-06-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Default Re: beginner's 22 hearts bracelet

I am looking forward to trying this pattern. Thank you for sharing your talent and design!
    ~♥~*~♥~*~♥~*~♥~janet~♥~*~♥~*~♥~*~♥~

Quote Originally Posted by janet6567 View Post
    I am looking forward to trying this pattern. Thank you for sharing your talent and design!
    if you do, please share, the more i look at those photos the more i cringe at the imperfections caused by tension problems

Blog Entries

I like it ! Actually , I'm a beginner and I think i'm gonna try it right now!

Blog Entries

Umm.i'm a needle tatter.Any idea if i'll have to use a second needle for this pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by i4gott View Post
    Umm.i'm a needle tatter.Any idea if i'll have to use a second needle for this pattern?
    somebody help i've never once held a tatting needle in my hands, so i have no idea, sorry...
    (how you create lace with NEEDLE is literally beyond me, wow!)

Lovely bracelet and worked in BLACK the hardest color along with navy blue to work with. Good job!

So lovely!

Hi, As I looked at the link to Jane Eborall's description, here's what I've come up with.
    Method for 1 bead. First side.. where the picot is.
    Second side where the join to the beaded picot wil be made. Work the chain up to where the bead is needed. Using a crochet hook, put a bead on the hook. Now grab the picot with the hook and pull it up through the bead or slide the bead down over the picot. Run the needle through t he tiny loop that was on the hook and remains after you take it off the hook. You need to be sure the picot size matches the bead size.
    Method for multiple beads. This time you'll put the beads on at the first side where it calls for a picot. Where it says to put 7 beads on the core thread, put the seven beads on the needle. Pull the needle through the beads. You have now put the beads on the core thread. You follow the rest of the directions, but instead of putting the shuttle through the loop, put the needle through the loop. Seems to me that this would be a "shuttle" join or Lock Join.

Its pretty late, I'm quitting for tonight I'll check this tomorrow for errors, meanwhile, other needle tatters -- take a look.
    Last edited by Judy; 25-06-2012 at 06:45 AM.

janet asked about pre-stringing the beads - i don't do that, since i hate them floating around and messing with my work so i kind of absent-mindedly figured out a way to add them mid-tat and then rushed online to check out if the metod was legit or was i breaking some laws of the tatting universe this method doesn't work very well for adding BIG single beads, but for seed beads it's sorta perfect.
    also, i'd have no idea which shuttle to pre-string them on, i'm not THAT good in abstract thinking. yet

i think jane's visual over at her page is pretty amazing