Knitting Supplies at Craftsy.com

Thread: Pattern Help - Lilac Delight from "Needle Tatting from the Heart" (TF Abbreviation)

Default Pattern Help - Lilac Delight from "Needle Tatting from the Heart" (TF Abbreviation)

I'm excited about this pattern; I have coordinated beads, a size 14 crochet hook, and tiny buttons. For round 3, the instruction uses the abbreviation "TF", which is defined as "take ds off needle, snug tight, tie a knot, then continue tatting; do not reverse".

This round is all chains; so I think I just have to take the stitches off the needle (there are 5-5-5-5) and then "TF". But.......

The next instruction says "+(to center p of next Ch)" Do not Rw

I found this confusing - the use of the word "next". But, I think I just figured out it means I should join the 5-5-5-5 chain to the center p of "next Ch" on Round 2!!!

This makes more sense than the way I was reading it - I couldn't figure out how to join the chain to the "next" chain that I hadn't tatted yet!!

I do hope someone sees the humor in my confusion.......

--Judy

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pattern Help - Lilac Delight from "Needle Tatting from the Heart" (TF Abbreviatio

Well, it just proves that reading the pattern can be the hardest thing about it! Anyone who writes a pattern has to tread a fine line between too much information and not enough. I know that I take much longer to write a pattern, especially if I have included some new monkey business that doesn't even have a name.

Default Re: Pattern Help - Lilac Delight from "Needle Tatting from the Heart" (TF Abbreviatio

This sounds like a lock join (type 2) [ type 1 is just putting the needle through the picot]. After the TF, snug things up, then pull up a loop of the needle thread through the picot in the previous round, put the needle through the loop. Watch it when tightening the knot... if you close it in the wrong order, it will look like a big lump. Search here at IT for Lock Join.